Ms. Karen Warner - Andrews
Louisville City Schools
Period 1 Planning: 7:43-8:28 AM, Period 2 Team Planning, Period 3/4 Inclusion Language Arts, Period 5 Lunch, Period 6/7 Teach Language Arts, Period 8/9 Inclusion Language Arts, Teacher Prep
Language Arts Resource Room
Welcome to 8th grade
Resource Language Arts Class/Lab!
Times have changed, technology has changed, and our state standards have changed; however, the need for effective communication skills has remained one of the most important elements of a good education. I look forward to a great year together!
Basic Classroom Rules
1. Be in your seat and ready to participate when the bell rings.
2. Have all materials ready: planner, homework, pen (blue or black), pencil, loose leaf paper, AR book, and textbook/novel.
3. Raise your hand to join the classroom discussion or ask permission to leave your seat.
4. Use appropriate classroom behavior at all times, including treating all people with respect and courtesy.
5. Practice academic honesty.
Homework is to be completed and ready to turn in when you enter the classroom. Ask Ms. Warner-Andrews or another student any questions you may have about lessons you missed. Our school policy allows the number of days missed plus one day to make up work after an absence.
Accelerated Reader is a program designed to monitor student progress in independent reading. Students select books to read and then take a computerized test for each book. It is important for students to be reading with solid comprehension (85% or better), so students should read books with an appropriate level of difficulty. The AR program awards points based on the length and difficulty of the book and the student's percent correct on the test.
Unit Studies/Other Lessons: