Ms. Karen Warner - Andrews
Louisville City Schools
Welcome to 8th Grade!
“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”~ Lou Holtz
The LMS eighth grade teachers are looking forward to a successful year. We value education and are here to help our students learn and be prepared for high school. Here is some basic information to start the year on a positive note.
1. Use appropriate classroom behavior and self-discipline.
2. Be prepared for instruction (planner, textbook, folder, pen/pencil, etc.).
3. Arrive to class on time and ready to begin class.
4. Cover all textbooks with paper covers.
5. Practice academic honesty. (Please refer to the policy in the handbook.)
6. Follow all rules in the student handbook.
CLAWS represent the qualities of good citizenship and academic excellence:
C = Character
L = Leadership
A = Attitude
W = Work ethic
S = Service Earn
EARN CLAWS tickets for good behavior:
Earn 20 tickets
Cinnamon roll on Awards Day
When rules are not followed, a *mark will be given with the following consequences:
1st Mark: Warning mark recorded
2nd Mark: Meet with teacher(s) who gave marks
3rd Mark: Conference with the teachers
Complete a plan for improvement.
4th **Mark: Office referral
* Marks accumulate from all classes throughout the nine weeks. Students have a “clean slate” each nine weeks.** Every additional mark will receive consequences assigned by the principal(s).
NOTE: Severe disruptions are sent immediately to the principal’s office. In keeping with school policy, office referrals will be given for infractions, such as, dress code or cell phone violations.